[SOLVED] My computer restarts automatically first time I turn on, and it doesn't detect usb ports or hdmi?

endrits079

Honorable
Jul 29, 2015
Last time I used my pc everything was okay I turned it off as usual, after 3 or 4 weeks I turned it on it didn't detect hdmi ( my monitor was not displaying anything) and also the keyboard and mouse wasn't being detected it restarted automatically after 3 4 seconds and turned on but still doesn't detect anything, my hdmi cable should be okay because I use it to connect my monitor to my laptop, what could be faulty here?

Solution
Have you tried to unplug everything from the wall, and then press the PC power button for at least 30 seconds (keep it down for at least that time), and after that press it again 4 to 5 times to drain any residual electrical charge ?

Ok, so have you tried to plug your monitor into the motherboard video port ?

If mouse and keyboard are USB, have you tried to move them to a different port?

How about clearing the cmos, or at least removing the cmos battery for 5 mins?
Last time I used my pc everything was okay I turned it off as usual, after 3 or 4 weeks I turned it on it didn't detect hdmi ( my monitor was not displaying anything) and also the keyboard and mouse wasn't being detected it restarted automatically after 3 4 seconds and turned on but still doesn't detect anything, my hdmi cable should be okay because I use it to connect my monitor to my laptop, what could be faulty here?

Did you went on vacaction or working trip for 3~4 weeks?

Do you know if theres was some electrical storm during that time?

Did you left your PC plugged to the socket wall during that time?

So you tested your monitor and its working on your laptop, using that HDMI cable, correct?

Did you by any chance move the PC around the house or using a car prior to this problem ?

Whats the system specs, brand and model of every component?

endrits079

Honorable
Jul 29, 2015
Did you went on vacaction or working trip for 3~4 weeks?

Do you know if theres was some electrical storm during that time?

Did you left your PC plugged to the socket wall during that time?

So you tested your monitor and its working on your laptop, using that HDMI cable, correct?

Did you by any chance move the PC around the house or using a car prior to this problem ?

Whats the system specs, brand and model of every component?

1. No I wasn't on a vacation for 3 4 weeks, but I use my pc only for gaming and I don't have much time for that so I game usually 1 weekend in a month or 2.

2. There was indeed thunderstorm during that time but no thunder strike near my home.

3. Yes, my pc was plugged in to the socket wall, although it has a button when turn that off even if I try to turn on my pc from the power button won't have effect unless I turn on that othat button.

4. Yes in my daily basis I use my laptop for work and I use the same monitor and same HDMI cable, it works without any problems.

5. No I didn't it was on the same place the whole time.

Motherboard: BIOSTAR TB250-BTC 6.0
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
SSD: Verbatim 1TB SATA 3, M.2 2280.
RAM: 1 slot 16GB DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500T

Have you tried to unplug everything from the wall, and then press the PC power button for at least 30 seconds (keep it down for at least that time), and after that press it again 4 to 5 times to drain any residual electrical charge ?

Reactions: endrits079
Solution

endrits079

Honorable
Jul 29, 2015

Thank you, holding the power button for 30 seconds fixed it

Reactions: RodroX