[SOLVED] my computer restarts when playing games

Sep 26, 2019
I've already checked the psu (flat out replaced it with a sea sonic)and the cpu and gpu stay within safe temps I've completely purged my computer (reset it)and am out of ideas my specs are
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming motherboard
GTX 980 TI 6 gb
Seagate iron wolf pro 2TB hard drive (7200 rpm)
intel i7 9700k 8 core
Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750FX 750W 80+ Gold psu
G.skill tridentZ
Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler
(sorry for any mistakes or inconvenience first time posting something like this)
something else to note is i could play games for a while in some cases and they blank out at the menu in other cases (example of one game would be subnautica ,skyrim special edition,and hellion)
EDIT:forgot to mention I've updated the drivers

Sep 26, 2019
You're welcome. Yes, thank you.
oddly enough its in one of its well behaved phases where it can play for a decent level of time it seems to go from restarting at the menu (usually subnautica) to lasting a good 20 mins it varies wildly for seemingly no reason
EDIT: and its back to its old habbits
EDIT2:didn't even survive loading into the menu in hellion
EDIT3:i've just noticed that when the computer reboots when i get to desktop it goes black for a second then goes to normal
EDIT4: ok this is odd so i uninstalled the drivers and got ready to reinstall them but the geforce experience thing that installs em are saying there not compatible with windows all the suddon
EDIT5:manual installation told me the same thing
EDIT6:its all good now installed it without issue of course the original problem is still hanging around

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019
at this point the screen looses input randomly every time it restarts at least once (after it boots to desktop) it can't handle loading into the menu for hellion or into game for subnautica