My computer says internet connected but won't connect to webpages

Astrokris182

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
I've been trying to connect to my internet all day. I installed some new ram this morning and now I can't connect to webpages. My connection says it's connnected. But when I go on chrome I get errors. Same thing with firefox. I've ran MalwareBytes and even moved my pc to where the connection to my wifi would work better but I still cannot connect. Even updated the device drivers for my wifi adapter. If someone can help, that would be fantastic

Solution

Yes my phone was using the wifi, I figured I would test and see if my usb tethering would work. I do have an ethernet port but I don't have a straight connection to my router. I have had decent wifi until this morning. Because my pc is directly above the room my router is in

Astrokris182

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016

I haven't had any dns errors. I did USB tether my phone to my pc, and it worked fine, I think my wifi adapter is probably at its end..

Colif

Win 11 Master
Was phone using the WiFi? I assume it was. don't you have an Ethernet port to test it?

MY pc has boith WiFi and Ethernet but speed difference between two means I never use WIFI

you could take new ram out and see if it changes anything. be really bizarre if it did...

Astrokris182

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016

Yes my phone was using the wifi, I figured I would test and see if my usb tethering would work. I do have an ethernet port but I don't have a straight connection to my router. I have had decent wifi until this morning. Because my pc is directly above the room my router is in

Solution