[SOLVED] My computer seems to be disconnected or hidden from the rest of my network

KantaGaming

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2014
Hi,

I have 2 computers and on both of them I want to share a hard drive to my network so I can play media on my smart TV without using a USB.

Now one computer connected easily just by enabling "share this folder" in the Advanced sharing settings. The other one however is having some issues. I've tried many online guides how to troubleshoot this issue by enabling different settings and enabling certain services and features and I just can't get it to work.

I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this issue.

Solution
Both computers Windows 10 - Edition/version?

Are you sharing folders or drives?

More information needed:

Computer 1 has Drive C: and a second drive (Drive D:) with Drive D: being shared on the network - no problems. Successfully shared.

Computer 2 has Drive C: and also a second drive (Drive D:) with that drive D: being likewise to be shared on the network. Problems - not being shared on the network.

What actual drive letters are being used for the drives?

And other network devices should be able to connect to either or both shared drives - correct?

Are the drives internal, external (USB)? Make and model drives - capacity, how full?

Verify that I have correctly described the drive/network sharing requirement

Please...

Ralston18

Titan
Both computers Windows 10 - Edition/version?

Are you sharing folders or drives?

More information needed:

Computer 1 has Drive C: and a second drive (Drive D:) with Drive D: being shared on the network - no problems. Successfully shared.

Computer 2 has Drive C: and also a second drive (Drive D:) with that drive D: being likewise to be shared on the network. Problems - not being shared on the network.

What actual drive letters are being used for the drives?

And other network devices should be able to connect to either or both shared drives - correct?

Are the drives internal, external (USB)? Make and model drives - capacity, how full?

Verify that I have correctly described the drive/network sharing requirement

Please explain the "issues" with respect to Computer 2's shared drive. Error messages, codes, pop-up windows. etc..

Do the shared drives appear in Disk Management on both computers?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS