Question My computer seems to have a plethora of problems

Dec 18, 2020
Issue 1. My computer restarts in the middle of gaming. It never happens in the title screen of a game or while I am in a lobby. It only happens while I am in the middle of playing the game. I have put it through three stress tests, Intel burn test, heavy load and prime95 and it always passes. I have also done memtest86 and no errors come up at all and I do not have XMP enabled. The Bios settings have been at default since this issue started. The temperatures are not the issue either, I have checked the temps to what the normal temps are for my PC before it restarts and nothing is even close to being too hot. I even tried Plugging the PC directly into the wall instead of a surge protector and the issues still persist.

Issue 2. Very rarely on startup is says usb over current, will shut down in 15 seconds. I have tried unplugging the two usb ports on the front of the case and eliminating other usb ports but this is very rare and no matter if I am just down to keyboard, mouse and 1 monitor issue number 1 still persist so I do not think issue 1 and this one are related.

Issue 3 Sometimes it will not boot up and a white LED light for VGA will stay on, on my motherboard. When this PC was built this happened a few times but after that it did not happen until the past few months. I have tried every GPU slot and all slots come up with this issue eventually. With that being said, the GPU could be the issue but that would not explain issue 2 and issue 4.

Issue 4. On the Bios screen where you press delete or f2, it freezes 4/10 times and when I actually get into Bios, My mouse and Keyboard lock up most of the time. My BIOS is on the most current version. The only thing that seems to work every time is if I turn off my PC completely and unplug the power cable and plug it back in. Then it boots into windows just fine. This makes me think it is the motherboard, But from the very beginning the GPU had a issue so am I stuck on that.

I personally think it is either the Motherboard, GPU or PSU, but my PSU is around double the power that I actually need and I do not see how the PSU will make my PC not recognize the GPU. I usually am able to google an issue and resolve it myself but this is way out of my league. I have been trying to fix these issues for 2 months now and I need some help from people that can help me diagnose the issue instead of me browsing forums hoping something that works for someone else works for me because that hasn't been the case so far. This PC was built in July 2018

My PC specs are;

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB(2 8GB sticks) 3000MHz

Power supply: 800W or 850W rated 80 plus Gold cannot remember manufacturers name.

If anyone needs anymore specs please let me know and I will be glad to give them.

Thank you in advance for anyone that is able to help me. I just do not want to go buy a new GPU, and see if it works and then that not be the issue and spend money that didn't need to be spent.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS