My Computer Shows A BSoD !!! Help!!!

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hi

Well yesterday everything was ok until 10 00pm. My sister turnned off the computer and today I wake up and turn it on. It shows the Intel screen, then it loads windows and then I hear a sound inside the case (looks like it comes from the HD) and after the windows xp screen it shows this

---

Windows could not read (software)

/system32/config...../software

Memory has been unloaded (or something like that)
Please contact your system manufacturer

-

I try windows safe mode and nothing. Whats going on? Im gonna open the case and check the inside to see if there is something to do.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
It was OK until yesterday night, nothing happened to it! My sister just turned it off and today I tried to turn it on and is not working...

How can a Hard drive become damage after turning it off? I dont get that.... the only thing is that I was almost using 98% of the disk but I dont think that affects any hard drive....

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
It was OK until yesterday night, nothing happened to it! My sister just turned it off and today I tried to turn it on and is not working...

How can a Hard drive become damage after turning it off? I dont get that.... the only thing is that I was almost using 98% of the disk but I dont think that affects any hard drive....

Often with software loads, software can become corrupted during use or it was writing to that file while the PC was powered off and corrupted the file. The OS continues to run until it has to use that file on next boot. That is the what seems to be indicated by the win directory it is pointing to (it's trying to do file recovery). Always make sure the PC is totally shut down or in halt mode before powering off (if you have to power off physically).

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Windows really have a problem with hard drives when you use the full capacity. Try connecting that hard drive as a slave in another PC and clear some space. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't but by connecting the HD as a slave you can see if the disk works, and if it does your problem will most likely software related.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I don't recall the specifics, but I do remember using a computer once and getting a blue screen while using it... it was that moment that the hard drive made a distinct "click" and died. So yes, a drive can die at any time without any provocation.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Well, the only thing I remember I did was I putted a program to download movies and the C drive (the only one I have) wa showing a ballon saying it was running out of space (1.67gb) left so I erased some old movies I had and make it 6.57gb. Then I left this program downloading some movies but I don think I downloaded all of them so then I just turned off the computer and then my sister turned it on and it worked, then she sent some emails and turned off the pc so I dont know what can happened...

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Could this be the problem?

Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware Configuration Problem

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if any or some of the following conditions are true:
The Default value in the [Boot Loader] section of the Boot.ini file is missing or invalid.
• Windows XP is not installed in the location specified in the Boot.ini file.
• The Ntoskrnl.exe file is missing or damaged.
• The partition path in the Boot.ini file is not set correctly.
• General hardware failure.

If you can access the HD and check to see if it is there. Might want to checkout BartPE.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
This is the error

Stop: C0000218 Error of the file of registry
Te registry cannot be loaded (file)
\systemroot\system32\config\software
or the registry or alternative
is damaged,absent or it cannot be read

starting unload of physic memory
unlaod of physic memory complete

Please contact your software vendor or manufacturer.....

I tried to translate it to english I hope you understand what I mean, Any ideas of whats going on?

xxenclavexx

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
First I would give your sister a stern verbal thrashing, make sure to tell her that your computer is not for myspace and facebook. Also let her know that she shouldn't rip music into your computer like Brittany Spears or Seal, because your freinds might think you like seal, and how did seal marry Hedi Klum?

after that reinstall windows, I hope you backed up all your music and docs, including your Britany and Seal

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hey guys I fixed! Thanks a lot SidVicious!

I did every step in that review and my computer now works and I didnt have to format the hard drive :)

Well xxenclavexx my sister said she just checked her email and turned off the computer, well anyways I fixed the pc which is the most important thing.

TRENDING THREADS