Question My computer shuts down without any warning in the middle of games

Jul 30, 2019
I recently build a new pc with the help of someone and it works great, but sometimes it just shuts off in the middle of a game and there is not like a blue screen or anything. If it shut down then I have to flick the switch at the back of the power supply on and off and only then it will boot up again and then everything is normal again and the pc works fine after that.

I don't think that it is overheating, because:

Cpu temprature on idle: Around 37 degrees celcius
Cpu temprature while gaming at max: 80 degrees celcius

Gpu temprature on idle: Around 30 degrees celcius
Gpu temprature while gaming at max: 80 degrees celcius

One thing that I did notice is that it does not shut down while playing Grand Theft Auto V. And that it shuts down the quickest in CSGO.

My Pc specs:

Cpu: Amd Ryzen 5 2600
Gpu: Gigabyte Aorus RX 580 8gb
Power supply: EVGA 500W
Motherboard: Asus prime B450M-A
Ram: Corsair vengeance 16gb (2 x 8 gb) ddr4 3000mhz
SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB
Case: Sharkoon VG5-W (Blue)

Does anyone know what it could possibly be that makes it shut down during games? Please let me know.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Temps are high but fine.

Most commonly it comes down to GPU and PSU. Even more so when the PSU is poor quality.
Is this a generic EVGA 500W non-rated or 80+? If so that could be a problem, poor quality PSUs are renowned for causing various issues as point 1 explains here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

Are you connected directly to an outlet or UPS for example?
Does it only shut down under load?

Jul 30, 2019
This is the psu i have and it does have 80+ rating.
71Q%2Bm2q9smL._SX466_.jpg

Jul 30, 2019
Oh and the psu plug is not directly connected to the wall but with a power strip

but that shouldn't matter right

Also yes it only shuts down under load (only in games), but it does not shut down in GTA V or Minecraft. But it does shut down in CSGO, Thief simulator and Assassins Creed.