[SOLVED] My computer sometimes doing a regular boot after hibernation

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
I don't know where to put this topic, so I put it here:
Anyway: Sometimes, after I hibernate my computer, and than turns it on, it don't wake up from the hibernation at all, but just start up as normal.
Why this problem happen?

Solution
Are you using hibernate or sleep?
Hibernate records the contents of ram to a file and turns off the pc.
That is best for power savings.
Sleep is similar, but the contents of ram stay active, maintained by a low amount of power and the monitor enters a low power mode.
Sleep/wake is faster and a good option if you never leave anything important in ram.

I think windows can wake itself up and do some updates; I could be wrong on that.

Unless you have set up in the bios to disable a usb connected device do the resume, you could have cats walking over the keyboard causing the wake up.

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: Seasonic 620W Active PFC 80+ Bronze
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M H rev 1.0
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i3-8100, 3600 MHz
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Memory: 8GB DDR4-2666 DDR4 SDRAM
Windows 10 64-bit Hebrew (Version 21H2)
^ pulled off your sig space.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Just for the sake of relevance, you're advised to include the specs to your build by parsing them in the body of your thread as opposed to leaving them in the sig space. The logic behind that is due to the fact that sig space specs can and will change over time, making this thread and any possible suggestions/solutions moot to the person in the same boat as you're in now(in the future).

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
This can't be happened, as I asked for Windows to Hibernate, so it won't install its updates if there were available, and there were no updates today, when I hibernated my computer, and when turned it on, it just has done a normal boot, completely ignoring the hibernation.

Are you using hibernate or sleep?
Hibernate records the contents of ram to a file and turns off the pc.
That is best for power savings.
Sleep is similar, but the contents of ram stay active, maintained by a low amount of power and the monitor enters a low power mode.
Sleep/wake is faster and a good option if you never leave anything important in ram.

I think windows can wake itself up and do some updates; I could be wrong on that.

Unless you have set up in the bios to disable a usb connected device do the resume, you could have cats walking over the keyboard causing the wake up.

Solution