my computer sticks an annoying wind and high pitch sound in the background of nay mic

Aug 5, 2018
It doesn't matter what mic i use with my pc it puts an annoying wind sound in the background of any mic and i know its not all the mics i have tried because even when no mic is plugged in at all and i click listen to microphone the noise is still there, it makes no sense because it didn't do it when i got the pc last december can i have help please.

dshort01

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
It could be your Mic, wiring from the mic input to the MB or other. There are some excellent devices that are USB for recording. If there is a problem with your MB it may not be fixable, but I would be surprised with this issue. It is also possible some rogue process is running that is interfering with the sound. An example of a usb recording device is... https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlet2i2G2--focusrite-scarlett-2i2 The type of Mic you are using maybe incorrect for your system also. Lots of variables and you provide very few details.

Aug 5, 2018

both my mics are made for pc and used to work fine this is only a fairly recent issue thats really starting to annoy me