My computer suddenly began running terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RejectedPotato

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Wasn't sure how else to name this since I have gotten numerous problems after booting my PC.

-All icons are displayed as a blank page
-Cannot search for anything locally on my computer
-Takes 10 minutes to open file explorer (was about to say I wasn't able to when it opened while creating this thread)
-Viewing any folder will result in infinite loading (picture below)
-Cannot open any applications via WinKey + X

Basically my computer has suddenly decided to be ridiculously slow.

What I have tried:
-Restarting my PC
-Running a virus scan (In progress)
-System scan (sfc /scannow in cmd)

iTdIJ.png

iTdQa.png

I have PC specs if needed.

RejectedPotato

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

Combofix isn't compatible with Win10. Tried to run using compatibility mode but I couldn't even access the properties of the application since my PC is acting so slow.

Yes, kind of major issue since the OS is supposedly getting it's full release at the end of this month, don't you think?

Do not have a restore point.

Yes, they are in the correct spot.

urmamasllama

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Well that at least eliminates the drives as a cause. you can never be too careful about checking for drive failures because they can appear suddenly and unexpectedly and they can present themselves in a number of strange ways.

Was the system running fine using Win10 and suddenly started running poorly, or did the problems begin with the installation of 10? Usually when safe mode works fine but the OS is bad otherwise, it's a driver related issue, but that may not be the case. What are your system hardware specs and are you fully up to date on all insider preview updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.