Question My computer suddenly cant handle browing/watching youtube while gaming.

HellionIan

Reputable
Jun 11, 2016
Hello. here is my current set up
i5-6500
msi gtx 1070
16gb hyperX ram
2TB SSHD
1TB SSD- Main drive and games.
corsair rm850x

My PC is stuttering hard when i try to browse/watch youtube or netflix while playing any games. Issue started when i upgraded my rig to 1TB SSD. I wasnt having this issue when i was only using my 2TB SSHD as my main drive. Before the 1TB SSD upgrade i can Stream on twitch while gaming and having youtube play on the background without any stuttering. After upgrading to 1TB SSD my pc start to stutter everytime i open a browser while playing but i can still stream on twitch without any stutter.
Most if not all of my game settings are set to low or medium, Cpu and Gpu highest temp is 50c-55c only.
My Cpu goes to 100% usage everytime i open a browser but will eventually go down to 70-80% if im not using it without closing it.

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
try to check for file corruption on command prompt. if you have file corruption, try to repair it by command prompt. Look how to check for file corruption on command prompt and on repairing it by command prompt on Youtube.. Hope that helps the problem

HellionIan

Reputable
Jun 11, 2016
try to check for file corruption on command prompt. if you have file corruption, try to repair it by command prompt. Look how to check for file corruption on command prompt and on repairing it by command prompt on Youtube.. Hope that helps the problem
Thank you so much! this help me find the problem. I did have some corrupted files and i just reformatted my pc to fix it. thank you so much.