Question My computer suddenly restarts while browsing, gaming even using MS Word.

Dec 8, 2022
My system unit/computer has been randomly restarting while browsing the internet, while gaming, and even while using MS Word for the past week. This is really frustrating as I do my projects writing on MS Word, research on the internet, and play some games on the side.

My Memorytest result(pass 4/4) memtest86 → View: https://imgur.com/a/dxewaXc

MY BUILD

CPU(APU): AMD A-10 9700 RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 3.50 GHz
COOLER : CM Hyper 212
RAM : 16GB(2x8GB) 2400Mhz KINGSTON HYPERX FURY
MOBO : A320M PRO-VH PLUS
SSD(OS) : 250GB CRUCIAL MX500 2.5"
SSD(GAMES/FILES) : 1TB CRUCIAL MX500 2.5"
FANS : 5pcs. ARCTIC P12 PWM PST 120MM
PSU : THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 600W 80+ WHITE
CASE: TECWARE NEO mATX

TROUBLESHOOTING I'VE TRIED:

***I've cleaned the PC first disassembled and rebuild it again.

1 - I've Check if my OS files are corrupted(I've done SFC/CHKDSK/DISM Checkhealth all of the result are positive)

2 - I've tried disabling the Automatic Restart on Failure setting on the Advance Setting>Startup and Recovery(But that didn't work)

3 - I've re-pasted the thermal paste of the CPU(the problem still persists)

My Memorytest result(pass 4/4) memtest86 → View: https://imgur.com/a/dxewaXc

4 - I've tried to test the ram, remove one stick(didn't work) then tried the other stick(but still the problem persists), I also tried to test my ram in another PC/System Unit(no issues), I've also tried using a different ram stick(still doesn't work)

5 - I've checked the temps of my CPU using HW-Monitor(all temps are NORMAL, especially the CPU)

6 - My SSD Storage is both Brand New - but just in case I've tested it using Crystal Disk Mark and Info both SSD are in good condition

8 - I've tried reinstalling brand new Windows 10 OS(I halted the Windows Update for a while but the problem still persist)

9 - I've tried doing a Windows Update It didn't also help.

This means the remaining factors could be the:

PSU(which is 3 years old) - THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 600W 80+ WHITE
MOBO - A320M PRO-VH PLUS
CPU - AMD A-10 9700 RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 3.50 GHz

Please enlighten me on what step should I take. Im beginning to suspect that it is a PSU failure but I don't want to jump to any conclusions

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
PSU : THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 600W 80+ WHITE

Replace this junk with good quality PSU and most likely, all your issues go away.

Good quality PSUs to go for, are Seasonic Focus/PRIME or Corsair RM/RMx/RMi/HX/HXi/AX/AXi, in 550-650W range.
(All 3 of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

For 2nd opinion regarding your junk of a PSU, yours sits in Tier D,
PSU list: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

While what i'd suggest, would be anything from Tier A.

Jake Maverick

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
i had the same problem on my old PC....until i replaced the BIOS chip, then was fine for 6 months to a year, until i needed replacing again. Over time a sata port went and one of the pci- slots stopped working as well so in my case i'm thinking slowly dying mummy board.....