[SOLVED] My computer switched off with no BSOD error, no sound nothing, just went black, like it was Shutdown

Daniel Corrado

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
So like title says, I was watching Netflix, and all of a sudden my computer shuts off, no BSOD no errors no sound nothing its like it shut down (had to power it back on) I looked temps and everything is fine, CPU temps are fine, GPU temps are fine, HDDS, SSDS. Everything looks good. I am running the New Windows 2004 update. Before that I had no issues. I have had two computer hard shut downs since this windows update. Not sure if its connected or not, could be some hardware is failing, but from what I can see nothing seems out of the ordinary. I am playing games getting 80-90 fps at 1440p on Avengers Temps are nice and cool ( got my air con running) CPU is fine as well. G I dont know w hat else I can supply you guys with to help me with this issue. Last thing I need is to buy new hardware. I just don't have the damn money to buy a new GPU / CPU or anything really at this time.

I am not sure how to place my dxdiag.txt here as I dont use this website for much unless I have issues, but if you want me to post the DXDIAG and something else tell me how and ill do it Thanks!

Solution
Seems to be ok now. It seemed to be a Windows 10 2004 corruption when it first installed because once I did a OS restart on my computer the problem SEEMS solved for now.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So did the PC just shut off as if you unplugged the cord? Or more of an quick black screen and then shut-off?
It's unlikely for a windows update to cause random shutdowns, more likely just coincidence.

Is there a pattern to when it shuts down? High loads for example?
If you can recreated it, testing in safe mode may be useful.
I know you have stated they are cool, what are your CPU and GPU temps under load? (not idle).