[SOLVED] My Computer turns back on instantly

Shelton_04

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
So It’s 1pm and I just went to turn off my computer and as I shut it down it turned back on less then a second a later, I don’t know what’s up with it.

Solution
Maybe. Maybe not. Probably depends on what settings you have for your updates (if that's what it was). I'd just leave it be for the time being and in an hour or so, try to shut it down again. If it restarts again, you may have an issue. Otherwise, if it shuts down, you should be fine.

A scan for viruses or malware isn't going to hurt anything either.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Maybe. Maybe not. Probably depends on what settings you have for your updates (if that's what it was). I'd just leave it be for the time being and in an hour or so, try to shut it down again. If it restarts again, you may have an issue. Otherwise, if it shuts down, you should be fine.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Shelton_04

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019

-Wolf sends
Ah yeah I turned it off by the power after it did it a few times. I’ll turn it on again in the morning and leave it and hope it sorts itself out. I’ll get back to you in the morning thanks for all your helpful advice in the meantime

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Sometimes (depending on your settings,) windows update will turn on your computer on it's own to update.

I know this, as my update settings are set to midnight, and my computer will wake from sleep near midnight to do this.

really annoying lol

TRENDING THREADS