[SOLVED] my computer turns itself off

Apr 5, 2020
when i ran an inter system it never used to do this but since ive switched to an amd processor my computer likes to turn itsself off while im gaming please help

Solution
As mentioned, motherboards vrm isn't really meant for 125watt TDP cpu's so might be that. Think that FX 8350 isn't even in the support list, although the 8320 is, which is a 125Watt TDP cpu also. The VRM doesn't even have heatsinks which is a kinda bad sign.
They should have marketed this one as purely for 95watt TDP cpu's.

A watercooler will make this only worse since no active airflow over the vrm anymore. You really would want to point a fan onto that or better get a good top down aircooler.

Then that psu is low quality. Only way to know for sure is test with a beter one.

Shay Green

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Ok, even if it isnt your power supply(which it seems to be)the areocool is of very VERY low quality and I wouldn't trust it powering any PC
Do you have any components to swap out?

Last edited:
FX-8350 is a notoriously hot processor; the max operating temperature is 61c.
Past that FX motherboards are usually deficient in vrm cooling.
I suspect your setup is overheating.
Try taking the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that fixes things, look to cooling solutions.

Apr 5, 2020
well today my windows wasnt responding at all so i re installed and started playing csgo and half way through my computer turned off but this time the lights stayed on and reboooted

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
As mentioned, motherboards vrm isn't really meant for 125watt TDP cpu's so might be that. Think that FX 8350 isn't even in the support list, although the 8320 is, which is a 125Watt TDP cpu also. The VRM doesn't even have heatsinks which is a kinda bad sign.
They should have marketed this one as purely for 95watt TDP cpu's.

A watercooler will make this only worse since no active airflow over the vrm anymore. You really would want to point a fan onto that or better get a good top down aircooler.

Then that psu is low quality. Only way to know for sure is test with a beter one.

Solution