Question My Computer Will Not Fully Turn Off

Jun 9, 2019
When I go and open the start menu then click shutdown my monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc will turn off but my case lights will stay on, my computers fans will stay on, and the lights on my motherboard/GPU. I will then have to hold the power button on the case to get my computer to fully shut down. I'm completely out of ideas on how to fix this so I'm turning to the community for help.

Also this morning when I turned my computer on, it shut back off halfway through startup and then when I rebooted it the LED's that are normally white on my cases power button turned red and started flashing on and off but eventually went back to solid white.

My PC parts are as listed:
Case: Deepcool Kendomen
CPU: Intel i7-8700
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970
PSU: EVGA Bronze 600B
Motherboard: MSI B360

Ralston18

Titan
What drives are installed?

How long are you waiting before you "have hold the power button on the case to get my computer to fully shut down"?

The computer may be trying to do some backups or updates and may not immediately shut down.

Hopefully that situation would be explained or otherwise displayed on the monitor.

If you are (or have) prematurely ended some on-going process then file corruption may have occurred and has reached some critical level.

And sudden power surges or drops are not good either...

Read the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to decipher the LED colors and flashes.

Knowing what the motherboard is indicating is a key starting point.