[SOLVED] My computer will randomally restart itself while gaming

Sep 5, 2019
Since I got a new Graphics card my computer started to freeze while gaming, but lately instead of freezing the computer restarts itself. I can't seem to find the source of the problem, the gpu isn't overheating according to a benchmark I ran and on screen display while gaming. Please help

Details from the benchmark:
GPU °C: min 46.0, max 69.0
GPU Utilization: 99%

System:
CPU i5-4460
GPU GeForce RTX 2060
Ram 16GB
OS win10

Solution
I'm thinking that perhaps "HWInfo reading the voltages" might be a function of the motherboard.

I just installed HWInfo on a Dell GTX 260 (old machine).....and I'm not getting voltage reading either.

Regardless....the reason I think the PSU is the main suspect at this point is....your temps are fine....and it only freezes when you are gaming....and it doesn't freeze at idle. So I'm thinking....while gaming...your voltages may be dropping due to the load of the GPU/CPU and causing the freeze.
I'm thinking that perhaps "HWInfo reading the voltages" might be a function of the motherboard.

I just installed HWInfo on a Dell GTX 260 (old machine).....and I'm not getting voltage reading either.

Regardless....the reason I think the PSU is the main suspect at this point is....your temps are fine....and it only freezes when you are gaming....and it doesn't freeze at idle. So I'm thinking....while gaming...your voltages may be dropping due to the load of the GPU/CPU and causing the freeze.

Solution
Sep 5, 2019

So in order to fix this I just need a new PSU? btw it froze and restarted again while I was using Google Earth, if this can help in order to come to a conclusion.

So in order to fix this I just need a new PSU? btw it froze and restarted again while I was using Google Earth, if this can help in order to come to a conclusion.
I can't say 100% for sure but I can say that many times with problems like this that it IS the PSU.
If you want to truly find out for sure.....you can check the PSU with a volt meter.
There are instructions on the internet for how to do this.

TRENDING THREADS