[SOLVED] My computer won’t boot to windows

Oct 23, 2021
The other day I was playing and my computer bsod to a Critical_Process_Died and I’ve been unable to get a boot into windows. When I turn on my pc it does not post and the red light for vga is on for the mobo (lights and fans are on for gpu). I have switched hdmi cables, switched pcie slots, changed ram sticks, and nothing changed - same light no post. I just now unplugged my ssd with Windows os on it and I am able to get to into my bios.
Does this mean my ssd is causing this or has something corrupted with windows? What do I do now?

Solution
If the SSD is the problem, it either has to be in good enough shape to appear in Windows for a software recovery or sent to a lab for data recovery (this will be not be cheap). The only dependable way to recover data is to not lose it in the first place.

Windows keys are tied to the motherboard, not a particular install on a drive.

It could be another problem, but in truth, you didn't tell us much about your PC.
Oct 23, 2021
Thanks, tried switching out cables but same problem so will be ordering a new ssd, is there some way of transferring old info and data (more importantly that windows key) to the new ssd.

DSzymborski

Titan
If the SSD is the problem, it either has to be in good enough shape to appear in Windows for a software recovery or sent to a lab for data recovery (this will be not be cheap). The only dependable way to recover data is to not lose it in the first place.

Windows keys are tied to the motherboard, not a particular install on a drive.

It could be another problem, but in truth, you didn't tell us much about your PC.

Solution
Oct 23, 2021
Ok so just confirming I have it right if I install windows on the new ssd I will then have windows unlocked due to key being tied to mobo.

And if I put new ssd at boot priority, and then plug in old ssd, if I see it, take data from there. If not it’s just lost or sent to lab for data recovery (not rly planning on doing this because no sensitive or important information is on it).

For more info on my pc I’ve got b450 tomahawk max, ryzen 5 3600x, recently upgraded to 3060ti (made sure to wipe old drivers and perform clean installs), and T-Force Delta DDR4 ram, and a Corsair cv550 psu