• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question My computer won’t start

Joe_1_

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Hey, if someone who has had a similar experience could help me out it would be much appreciated. The other day, my computer started turning off and restarting without warning by itself. Within a couple hours this lead to my computer not turning on at all, no fans, nothing. This showed me that it was a power issue to do with the hardware. I took it to a computer shop and found that the psu wasn’t giving the 5V out (we tested with a voltmeter and a plug in thing). This lead me to believe that my power supply was busted (a corsair CX 600). I ordered a new evga power supply which arrived today and just set it up outside of the case to test that it works but upon plugging everything in to the new psu my pc didn’t start up. Again, no sign of power from the fans starting etc. Could anyone suggest any other reasons to why it isn’t working? Thanks in advance :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS