[SOLVED] My Computer won’t turn on.

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sepywishes/saved/zXzBbv

I forgot to include a video card in the parts list but I doubt that it is the problem.

Basically, my computer was working fine for months with a few issues here and there that were fixed with some updates but I have never experienced anything like this before: when I was looking away, the monitor’s screen went green on me and then the PC just stopped working entirely. The PC didn’t shutdown or anything just stopped.

I went and did a force shutdown on the PC, waited and then turned it back on again but nothing happened. The screen would have nothing to show on itself even though it recognizes that it is connected to my PC.

Another thing I noticed is that when my PC was working there would always be a red light on the tower case that would go on and off indicating the HD and SSD were being read (because of security programs like Nortan and Malwarebytes). Now there is no red light at all. I took the HD and SSD out of the case and connected them to a separate computer to have access to their contents and make backups of them and when I did connect them the other PC said that it wasn’t working right and to fix any issues. I did this for both drives with no issues. I put both drives back into the PC and turned it back on to the same result.

I can’t even access the BIOS on my computer. Also, I don’t hear the beeps that indicate that something isn’t working. I just get nothing at all.

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
I’m sorry I should have mentioned this also but everything did turn on. Lights and fans. The only issue was that the HD and SSD weren’t being read at all. I couldn’t access the bios either. Could the problem reside in the motherboard?