[SOLVED] My Computer Won’t Turn On!!

Aug 26, 2021
Hi, I’m new to the forum and I have gotten a new laptop just a couple months ago that has suddenly stopped working. I’m not too educated in computer terms but it appears that a part of the fan has a missing bit in it and that wasn’t like that before. Before I tried to turn it on and it didn’t work, I had tossed it onto my bed, assuming nothing would happen. It also makes a popping noise every so often when I try to turn it on to reboot it, but never turns on. I’ve tried alot of things such as talking to customer service and BestBuy, but they weren’t very helpful. The computer I own is a ASUS VivoBook. Please help if you can!!!

Solution
Hi, I’m new to the forum and I have gotten a new laptop just a couple months ago that has suddenly stopped working. I’m not too educated in computer terms but it appears that a part of the fan has a missing bit in it and that wasn’t like that before. Before I tried to turn it on and it didn’t work, I had tossed it onto my bed, assuming nothing would happen. It also makes a popping noise every so often when I try to turn it on to reboot it, but never turns on. I’ve tried alot of things such as talking to customer service and BestBuy, but they weren’t very helpful. The computer I own is a ASUS VivoBook. Please help if you can!!!
Hello. With your admitted lack of education in computer terms, and the fact that it's a laptop, I...
Which vivobook is it exactly? The model number should be labeled on the bottom of the laptop

Does it have a mechanical hard drive?
Was ist powered on while you tossed it on your bed?

Was the charger plugged in while tossing it?

Try getting it to someone who can open it up and have a look if something got lose.

Aug 26, 2021
Which vivobook is it exactly? The model number should be labeled on the bottom of the laptop

Try getting it to someone who can open it up and have a look if something got lose.

Thanks for the response!

It says that it is a Notebook PC, I believe it’s the VivoBook 15.

It appears to have a mechanical hard drive.

The laptop was powered on when I tossed it.

The charger was not in when I had tossed it.

Do you think GeekSquad would be an appropriate place for a reparation? I’m not too sure how they might charge me considering it may be something quite big going on. According to my research, it may be an electrical discharge, or blockage in the fan.

Hello. With your admitted lack of education in computer terms, and the fact that it's a laptop, I advise you have either BestBuy or someone else try to fix the issue. Personally, if you're located in the US and there is a nearby Micro Center, that would be a good choice.

If you've only had it for a few months, it still may be under an ASUS warranty? If BestBuy is authorized to do Asus warranty work, you possibly could get them to fix it under the warranty. Just a thought.

Solution
Aug 26, 2021
Hello. With your admitted lack of education in computer terms, and the fact that it's a laptop, I advise you have either BestBuy or someone else try to fix the issue. Personally, if you're located in the US and there is a nearby Micro Center, that would be a good choice.
Ok, thanks for the recommendation! I’ll definitely be having it looked at by a professional soon! :)

TRENDING THREADS