My computer won't boot into the Windows 7 OS no matter what I do.

Mar 26, 2018
Alright, for some reason, I think after a update, my computer, a Compaq CQ5700Y. Won't boot into the Windows 7 at all. The actual tower itself starts, and I get the menu options for going into safe mode and starting Windows normally, but nothing boots. If I start Windows normally, it just hangs around and eventually restarts from failing, if I go into safe mode, the same thing as it does normally happens and it restarts while failing. If I use Windows recovery, it goes into the blue screen, but the diagnostic menu and the system restore menu don't pop up. I also tried to boot the computer with last "Good" settings it had before it crashed (the menu option), and it failed and restarted. It might be a hardware failure, as this computer is about 7 years old, but I like to get as much use out of these things as I can. Could this be from a virus? I might just want to buy a new tower, but I don't want a virus that's in my router or in my monitor somehow to put me back into square one as stupid as that sounds possibly.

Solution
You can't get a virus from your monitor. Router maybe, but even that is very unlikely. It may be an issue due to the recent patches that were put out for Intel CPU security issues, those cause boot issues at times. Do some research about those and see if the fixes help you. https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/12/intel-is-having-reboot-issues-with-its-spectre-meltdown-patches/

It may also be a failing hard drive, those can cause the same issues you are seeing.
You can't get a virus from your monitor. Router maybe, but even that is very unlikely. It may be an issue due to the recent patches that were put out for Intel CPU security issues, those cause boot issues at times. Do some research about those and see if the fixes help you. https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/12/intel-is-having-reboot-issues-with-its-spectre-meltdown-patches/

It may also be a failing hard drive, those can cause the same issues you are seeing.

Solution