Question My computer won't boot into Windows unless I raise my graphics card.

TYPICALHUMAN

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2016
Hello. I have a problem. I have installed a new GPU. I put it in a PCIe slot. When I push the GPU back into the slot no"click" sound is heard so I guess it's well connected. The problem is my PC won't boot into windows (5 beep sounds, black screen) unless I lift up my GPU a little and keep it this way. I don't know why it sags. Is my GPU size and weight big enough to put to much pressure on the port? My GPU is "MSI Radeon RX 6650 XT MECH 2X OC 8GB GDDR6" Is the behavior written above normal or I did something wrong? I'm newbie when it comes to building a PC so I always pay or ask someone to do it for me. My mainboard is ASRock B450 Pro4. I put an Item under the GPU and no problem appears.Should I keep using the computer or do something about it?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to include a couple of images of what the board's PCIe slot looks like when the PC doesn't power up. If it isn't fully seated and if the screws aren't fully holding down the GPU on the expansion covers end of the chassis.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Reactions: TYPICALHUMAN

TYPICALHUMAN

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2016
You might want to include a couple of images of what the board's PCIe slot looks like when the PC doesn't power up. If it isn't fully seated and if the screws aren't fully holding down the GPU on the expansion covers end of the chassis.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
I'm going to do that.Meanwhile, let me know please if it's safe to continue using my PC with GPU held up. Is there any risk my GPU gets damaged over time?

TYPICALHUMAN

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2016
CPU:Ryzen 5 5800x (running in eco mode 65w)
CPU cooler:CPU be quiet Pure Rock Slim (BK008)
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4
Ram: Kingston HyperX KHX3600C17D4/8GX, Kingston HyperX KHX3600C17D4/8GX (2x8 GB = 16 GB in total)
SSD/HDD: JMicron Generic SCSI Disk Device (476 GB)
KINGSTON SA2000M8500G (500 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
SSDPR-PX500-512-80-G2 (512 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
GPU:MSI Radeon RX 6650 XT MECH 2X OC 8GB GDDR6
PSU:SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W (3 years of age)
Chassis:SilentiumPC Signum SG1 TG Pure Black (SPC230) (2x front fans,1x top fan,1x rear fan)
Monitor:Acer K243Y