Question My computer wont detect my graphics card.

Jul 23, 2021
My old computer all of a sudden stopped detecting my graphics card (gtx 1050 ti). I tried so many different things from updating everything I could update to reseating the graphics card. At first I though the PCIe slot was broken so I bought a new case, power supply and motherboard (I had a sff pc so I wanted an atx mother board and my old psu was too small for the new case). But my computer still didn't detect my graphics card in both bios and device manager. Then I thought my graphics card was broken (I was kind of mad because I only had it for like 2-3 months). But today I just got my "new" graphics card (gtx 1070) and still my computer wont detect my graphics card. I have updated my bios, reseated the graphics card multiple times, updated windows multiple times, I've even reinstalled windows. I have taken out the motherboard battery a few times. I feel that I have tried everything but my graphics card still isn't being detected. I have pretty much replaced everything in my pc except my ram and cpu (and cpu cooler). But from what I've read online, they don't have much effect on the graphics card. Device manager only detects the integrated graphics from my cpu. I have no idea what to do, and help would be really appreciated.

Specs:
cpu: intel i5-8500
gpu: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070
ram: 2x8gb DDR4 2666MHz
psu: Aresgame AGV650 650W 80 Plus Bronze
Motherboard: Msi MPG z390 Gaming Plus

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Device manager only detects the integrated graphics from my cpu. I have no idea what to do, and help would be really appreciated.
If your monitor detect that its plugged in, but your device manager only detects your integrated GPU then try installing the graphic driver for your new GPU card. Then unplug the cable connecting your motherboard to your monitor (disconnect integrated graphic output) and connect your monitor only to your graphic card that you are trying to use.

Jul 23, 2021
If your monitor detect that its plugged in, but your device manager only detects your integrated GPU then try installing the graphic driver for your new GPU card. Then unplug the cable connecting your motherboard to your monitor (disconnect integrated graphic output) and connect your monitor only to your graphic card that you are trying to use.
When I try to download the drivers for my graphics card, it says "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" and it says "This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows". I know that my graphics card wont display without the drivers, but it wont let me download the drivers because my computer cannot detect my card. I'm trying to figure out why my computer isn't detecting my graphics card. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, It's just that I've been struggling with this for like 2-3 weeks now and this is pissing me off.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/aOt4C5Z

Jul 23, 2021
When I try to download the drivers for my graphics card, it says "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" and it says "This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows". I know that my graphics card wont display without the drivers, but it wont let me download the drivers because my computer cannot detect my card.

The same error message pops up when I try to download GeForce Experience.

Jul 23, 2021
Then its most likely the card is the problem. Since you said you only had it for 2 or 3 months, you could try to get it replaced or refunded if you bought it off from an official site or store.
well I thought I got the warranty for the card but apparently I didn't. I bought a new card (gtx 1070) and I'm still encountering the same problem.