[SOLVED] My computer wont display and USB and power switches do not work.

JennaW2005

Prominent
Aug 14, 2020
A few weeks ago i went away to my beach house for about 5 days. When I arrived home, my computer would turn on but i was getting no display and my only means of turning it off was via the power supply. All my fans are running and my LED lights are on. I am also getting no signal from all of my USB devices. I have already tried multiple things but im not sure what is wrong, and i dont wanna go around replacing all my components immediately. I tried taking out the cmos battery and putting it back in, i tried both my gpu port and intergrated graphics, I replaced my power supply, tried powering both of my ram individually to see if any of them were bad, i tried pushing in every wire to ensure they were fully plugged in, used different hdmi cords and used the vga port. I suspected my gpu but when i switch to intergrated graphics i still get no signal. I have a 2x4 pin connector in my motherboard as well as the 2x10. I hear 1 short beep when i start up my computer. my motherboards bios is updated.
here are my components
2tb seagate internal hard drive
MSI b350m motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600x cpu
Thermaltake Smart 700W power supply
G.skill Ripjaws V series 2x8gb ram.

JennaW2005

Prominent
Aug 14, 2020
No, im actually glad you let me know haha. I was told that if it had an hdmi port it had intergrated graphics to the mobo but I’m realizing the cpu matters as well. Sorry that was my mistake

DSzymborski

Titan
No, im actually glad you let me know haha. I was told that if it had an hdmi port it had intergrated graphics to the mobo but I’m realizing the cpu matters as well. Sorry that was my mistake

No worries, it's just useful information to know for the future, though it doesn't directly help you here. There are ports in the motherboard, but only the Ryzen CPUs with G in the name, denoting the presence of a graphics core, will work without a GPU (Ryzen uses the term APU for these). Without something like a 2200G or 2400G, ports have as much output as a car without an engine!

Reactions: JennaW2005

JennaW2005

Prominent
Aug 14, 2020
Sound like the motherboard is shorted to the Casing!
Usually cause be screw on the mobo.
Try taking out everything with the computer casing and power on.
I detached my mother board from my case and powered it on and it still does the same thing. I also have to wait about 15 minutes for it to actually power back up again, for whatever reason i cannot immediately. Should i detach literally every component?