My computer won't open anything.

tyler36

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
My computer won't open any applications with the internet plugged in. When I start up my computer without the internet in it lets me in fine but when I start it with the internet in it just stays at the welcome screen when I put in my password. I can't open any applications with the internet plugged in. My computer was running fine yesterday and I haven't downloaded anything since. I have no idea what the problem is.

Solution
Your computer may be hacked/infected, so run it in Safe Mode, disable the Startup applications in Start \ Run \ type; msconfig and press Enter... go to Startup tab and uncheck all except for the antivirus, and delete all user Temp files in Start \ Run \ type: %temp% and press Enter, next again in Start\Run type: temp and press Enter, and delete all Windows temp files.

Next restart the computer and again login in Safe Mode this time in Safe Mode with Networking... and next run Online virus-malware scanns... After this you can try loging in normal mode.

10 Best Free Online Virus Scanners
http://www.technobuzz.net/10-best-free-online-virus-and-malware-scanners/

Edit: to logon in Safe Mode; right after the BIOS posts, press F8 and...
Your computer may be hacked/infected, so run it in Safe Mode, disable the Startup applications in Start \ Run \ type; msconfig and press Enter... go to Startup tab and uncheck all except for the antivirus, and delete all user Temp files in Start \ Run \ type: %temp% and press Enter, next again in Start\Run type: temp and press Enter, and delete all Windows temp files.

Next restart the computer and again login in Safe Mode this time in Safe Mode with Networking... and next run Online virus-malware scanns... After this you can try loging in normal mode.

10 Best Free Online Virus Scanners
http://www.technobuzz.net/10-best-free-online-virus-and-malware-scanners/

Edit: to logon in Safe Mode; right after the BIOS posts, press F8 and hold, or tap every second till the Safe Mode option list appears on the screen.

Didn't notice it's Windows 8 so instead of Start \ Run \ the Windows Search bar may work as well to find temps and msconfig.

Solution

tyler36

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz
Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready Power Supply
MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
ADATA XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EZRX 1.50 TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive