My computer won't recognize the Ethernet cable that's plugged in

Apr 7, 2018
I recently built my first computer and it turned on just fine, but when I plugged in my Ethernet cable, my computer didn't recognize it.

I tried installing Network Connections drivers, but it gave me an error message: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer"
Where can i find these adapters?

I've never had this problem before, so i'm not sure what to do... Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Try another known working Ethernet cable.

Try the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooter. May find and fix something:

"WIN" + "I" > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Motherboard Ethernet adapter or third party PCIx network adapter?

Use Device Manager to find and identify the network adapters installed on your system. Ensure that only one network adapter is enabled.

Verify that you have downloaded the correct drivers for the network adapter you wish to use. Download the drivers via the manufacturer's website. Also download any installation procedures via a User Guide/Manual or Quick Start document.

Carefully reinstall per the installation procedures.

Ralston18

Titan
Try another known working Ethernet cable.

Try the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooter. May find and fix something:

"WIN" + "I" > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Motherboard Ethernet adapter or third party PCIx network adapter?

Use Device Manager to find and identify the network adapters installed on your system. Ensure that only one network adapter is enabled.

Verify that you have downloaded the correct drivers for the network adapter you wish to use. Download the drivers via the manufacturer's website. Also download any installation procedures via a User Guide/Manual or Quick Start document.

Carefully reinstall per the installation procedures.

Solution