My computer wont start after installing a new CPU

Sep 14, 2018
So I bought a new AMD FX-8370 yesterday and installed it into my pc but my pc wont boot. It starts up and all the fans work but the monitor keyboard and mouse don't work at all. I have tried every method I can find and think of I reset my CMOS I installed the latest versions of my motherboard along with my drivers and bios updates. At this point, I am thinking of giving up and I have no idea what to do. I put my old CPU back in and everything works as it should. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Your motherboard is the most likely culprit in this scenario. AMD has a lot of cpus that will socket into a motherboard, but wont work because of the differences between AM3 and AM3+ (as an example). What you should do is return the 8370, keep running your current cpu a little longer, and upgrade your entire platform when you have the money to do so.

Neoaculus

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Your motherboard is the most likely culprit in this scenario. AMD has a lot of cpus that will socket into a motherboard, but wont work because of the differences between AM3 and AM3+ (as an example). What you should do is return the 8370, keep running your current cpu a little longer, and upgrade your entire platform when you have the money to do so.

Solution