my computer wont turn on after installing new ram

silv867

Reputable
May 10, 2014
I have a asrock am2nf6g-vsta motherboard and recently tried to install 4 new 1gb pc2 5300 ram sticks. However the computer will turn on, just not show anything on the screen or light up the keyboard. It still works with the old ram, but its only 512mb, not nearly enough. Please tell me how to make the new ram work. Thank you for all who try to help me!

plaintuts

Admirable
try this

unplug your computer for the power, then remove the cmos battery for 30 seconds, while the battery is removed, press and hold the power switch on the computer, (' its just to drain the capacitors")

then place back the battery, then replace with your new ram.

plug it back in and turn it on.

Mosala

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Just wanted to say that this is awesome. I almost gave up on this computer until I visit this page and find the unique answer to my computer that wouldn't turn on after RAM upgrade. I just power down and took the cmos battery off, trying to power up after uplugging the machine from socket, inserted the new 4GB Ram on my Aspire M1100, replaced the cmos battery, powered and up and the machine was running perfectly. Thanks to all you guys!

Skyler22

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014

If this doesn't work, does it mean the memory is broken?

Mark_171

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

sir could you help me with this step by step :( thank you

emilyann

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

me too! Does not work for me. I googled cmos battery, located it on my computer, pulled it out, waited 30 seconds, held down power butter, put in my new ram, then put the cmos battery back in, plugged in, tried to boot and nada.