[SOLVED] My computer wont turn on any more

Jul 21, 2020
I just built my first computer last night. It was running fine during the day today, but when i went to go eat dinner i left it on and when i came back it was off and couldnt turn back on. No fans or anything turned on for even a second.I thought it was a power supply/ motherboard issue, but when i plugged in my headphones to the motherboard usb ports, it still got power(i dont know if this could still mean a broken/dead psu/motherboard since im pretty new to building computers). I took out the graphics card and it still wouldnt boot, then tried taking out each of the ram sticks, which still didnt work. The ez debug leds on the motherboard (B450 tomahawk max) didnt turn on for any of the components which lead me to believe the cpu was fine. I have no clue what to do now.

if it helps, here are the specs:
B450 tomahawk max
Ryzen 5 3600
Hyper 212 cpu cooler
2060 super
G.skill ripjaw ddr4 3600mhz
2tb seagate hard drive
500 gb wd blue ssd
Thermaltake toughpower 750w 80+ gold

any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

edit: i have also double checked the connections from the psu cables to the motherboard.

2nd edit: I was being stupid and put the headphones where the flash bios thing is so they arent actually getting any power from the other usb ports on the motherboard.

Last edited:
Solution
I just built my first computer last night. It was running fine during the day today, but when i went to go eat dinner i left it on and when i came back it was off and couldnt turn back on. No fans or anything turned on for even a second.I thought it was a power supply/ motherboard issue, but when i plugged in my headphones to the motherboard usb ports, it still got power(i dont know if this could still mean a broken/dead psu/motherboard since im pretty new to building computers). I took out the graphics card and it still wouldnt boot, then tried taking out each of the ram sticks, which still didnt work. The ez debug leds on the motherboard (B450 tomahawk max) didnt turn on for any of the components which lead me to believe the cpu...
I just built my first computer last night. It was running fine during the day today, but when i went to go eat dinner i left it on and when i came back it was off and couldnt turn back on. No fans or anything turned on for even a second.I thought it was a power supply/ motherboard issue, but when i plugged in my headphones to the motherboard usb ports, it still got power(i dont know if this could still mean a broken/dead psu/motherboard since im pretty new to building computers). I took out the graphics card and it still wouldnt boot, then tried taking out each of the ram sticks, which still didnt work. The ez debug leds on the motherboard (B450 tomahawk max) didnt turn on for any of the components which lead me to believe the cpu was fine. I have no clue what to do now.

if it helps, here are the specs:
B450 tomahawk max
Ryzen 5 3600
Hyper 212 cpu cooler
2060 super
G.skill ripjaw ddr4 3600mhz
2tb seagate hard drive
500 gb wd blue ssd
Thermaltake toughpower 750w 80+ gold

any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

edit: i have also double checked the connections from the psu cables to the motherboard.

2nd edit: I was being stupid and put the headphones where the flash bios thing is so they arent actually getting any power from the other usb ports on the motherboard.
It s still possible that it's PSU's fault, you have to try with another, known good one. or have it checked by professional with a tester.

Solution