[SOLVED] My computer won't turn on even if the motherboard powering the components.

Nov 30, 2019
This is my first build and I encountered this problem. My pc won't turn on even if the motherboard is having power. I checked all the connectors and all the pins with a tester screwdriver and it seems like everything is alright. I tried removing the battery and then put it back but I got the same result. The small case cables are placed correctly. I would be grateful if someone can help me.
Components:
-motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H
-processor: i5 9400f
-video graphics: Aorus gtx 1660ti
-ram: TeamGroup T-Force Delta RGB 8gb ddr4 2666mhz
-case: Deepcool matrexx 55
-psu: Corsair VS Series VS650
-hdd: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB
-ssd: Patriot Burst 240gb

Solution
First steps, bread board it, take it out of the case, on a non conducting surface (wooden table for instance that you don't mind scratching a little), and try to switch it on by shorting the power switch pins on the mobo.

You might have connected the wrong cable to the switch pins, something could be shorting.

Be very very very careful where you poke a 'testing screwdriver' they are not designed to test PC components and PC components are not designed to be tested like this, screwdrivers should only be used to short switches or the reset jumpers. Testing like this may have damaged the board.
Okay and I presume you have double checked all the cables for power from the CPU power cable at the top left of the motherboard, the GPU power etc. As the motherboard seems to work, double check your HDMI cable to the monitor. Also have you double checked you CPU is seated properly with the cooler on properly?

If all else fails do a base build with just the basics. Just one stick of RAM, GPU and just your main SSD and try booting again.

Nov 30, 2019
Okay and I presume you have double checked all the cables for power from the CPU power cable at the top left of the motherboard, the GPU power etc. As the motherboard seems to work, double check your HDMI cable to the monitor. Also have you double checked you CPU is seated properly with the cooler on properly?

If all else fails do a base build with just the basics. Just one stick of RAM, GPU and just your main SSD and try booting again.
As you said I doubled checked all the cables but when I try to power on the computer from the power button on the case nothing happens.

There are no lights on the motherboard at all and yes the power suply is swithced on at the I sign.

Apologies as I had to check as that has happened before....Okay I can only think of taking of the CPU cooler and then reapply thermal paste and reinstall the cooler and then try to boot again. This did work for another person after all else failed but hopefully someone else on this forum might have a better suggestion.

Nov 30, 2019
Apologies as I had to check as that has happened before....Okay I can only think of taking of the CPU cooler and then reapply thermal paste and reinstall the cooler and then try to boot again. This did work for another person after all else failed but hopefully someone else on this forum might have a better suggestion.
I've already tried this and sadly didn't work.

First steps, bread board it, take it out of the case, on a non conducting surface (wooden table for instance that you don't mind scratching a little), and try to switch it on by shorting the power switch pins on the mobo.

You might have connected the wrong cable to the switch pins, something could be shorting.

Be very very very careful where you poke a 'testing screwdriver' they are not designed to test PC components and PC components are not designed to be tested like this, screwdrivers should only be used to short switches or the reset jumpers. Testing like this may have damaged the board.

Solution