My computers shuts down frequently.....

kratosbellic

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
i want to tell that my PC shuts down suddenly whenever i try to run games or run some heavy apps like steam,or play online games on internet etc......

and im unable to restart my computer for sometime whenever i try to run the computer again it makes some noice and then after the black screen in
which it is written LENOVO it shuts down again and i have to wait for sometime to start it again

i want to tell you one thing more also that my pc makes a lot of noice from my fan that i can hear it in my next room also....

when my computer shuts down suddenly and then suddenly i try to restart it then it makes a lot of noice(more than it normally makes which is too high) and then shuts down and i hae to wait for atleast 15 minutes to start it again

ne more thing the time decreases everytime i restart my computer
for ex:if i run my computer and play games then it will shut down after half an hour, next time it will shut down even more quickly like 10 minutes and next time 10 minutes or 7 minutes

and if i run my computer after 12-15 hours then i can play games upto 2-3 hours the thing is that it needs rest like a human

please help what is the problem with my PC

My first suspicion here would be overheating but, I think it is the power supply that is overheating. A couple of things you can do.
1) Clean inside of PC using a soft paint brush and compressed air. Be sure to clean the power supply fan also (the soft brush really helps in cleaning fans and heatsinks). Take the front cover off and clean in there also. While you are in there, look for leaking capacitors on the motherboard. This link will show you what to look for (you have to scroll down a ways to see the picture)
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19446986/20096743.aspx
see if that helps...
2) Apply new thermal compound to the CPU/HSF - there are videos that show how (most will show aftermarket heatsinks but the principals are the same).
if problem still exists...
3) Replace PSU
Out of curiosity, have you added any hardware to your PC lately?

kratosbellic

Distinguished
May 6, 2011

No i haven't bought anything for my PC ever because it is already too old to change its CPU or GPU