Question My corsair one crashes mid-game now

Oct 9, 2018
This randomly started happening a few months back and it's driving me insane. I can't figure out how to fix it. I'll be playing a game perfectly fine and then suddenly it'll drop to like 12fps and my cpu usage will spike to like 99% thanks to a process called systeminterupts. When this happens I need to alt f4 or it crashes my whole computer. When I alt f4 the game everything goes back to normal and I can start the game back up again. Please help meeeeeeeeeee~

tsdobbi

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
Define "crashes at this point" is it powering off/rebooting?

Generally, in my experience, if my computer gets performance hits and then reboots/powers off while playing a game, but its fine during "home use" (browsing the web etc). I would test another PSU in the system. If you don't have one, then it's a leap of faith, but in my experience the PSU going bad sounds like your issue. In my darn near 20 years of building PC's I've had the same symptoms you are describing a couple of times and it was a bad PSU.

Oct 9, 2018
When it drops to 12fps, I have about 1 minute before either A.(best case scenario) the game will crash, or B.(worst case scenario, but most common) the whole computer will crash and I have to restart it. That's why I usually just alt-f4 the game to avoid a full crash.