Question My Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (16*2) 3000Mhz not working with 3700x

Jul 30, 2019
Hey Fam,
I am new into pc building and a couple weeks ago built a new pc after waiting for so long for the ryzen 3rd gen cpus.

I am using Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 5 wifi
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (16*2) 3000Mhz
RTX 2070 Super

After all the latest bios updates i enabled XMP so that the ram could run at the advertised 3000Mhz Speed and it did run quite well until i started getting BSOD of different kinds every hour.
I wasn't sure about the reason of it but i thought either the ram or the mobo would be the root of the porblem but now i have disabled XMP and my ram is working at 2133Mhz and it seems the system is stable now so what should i do ? Should i change the ram ? or should i check manually the voltage and multiplier of the ram ?

Samrat97

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Hey Fam,
I am new into pc building and a couple weeks ago built a new pc after waiting for so long for the ryzen 3rd gen cpus.

I am using Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 5 wifi
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (16*2) 3000Mhz
RTX 2070 Super

After all the latest bios updates i enabled XMP so that the ram could run at the advertised 3000Mhz Speed and it did run quite well until i started getting BSOD of different kinds every hour.
I wasn't sure about the reason of it but i thought either the ram or the mobo would be the root of the porblem but now i have disabled XMP and my ram is working at 2133Mhz and it seems the system is stable now so what should i do ? Should i change the ram ? or should i check manually the voltage and multiplier of the ram ?

Do you having any problem with real time latency on that RAM at stock speed?

Hey man,

I had a similar issue on an old Ryzen 1600 system I had. My 3200mhz RAM was causing BSOD on my system, but only if I overclocked my CPU. I had to find the sweet spot between overclocking my CPU and RAM, which was at 3.7Ghz and 3000Mhz. It's not ideal but this is a temporary fix until you find something more long term.

Personally, I never managed to achieve 3200Mhz on 3.7Ghz but after doing some research online I've learnt that it can be due to a couple of things. Either the RAM is just not responding well to the system in general (so CPU and/or motherboard (but mostly motherboard)) or either you're having a temperature issue related to the overclock, which is something you often see in Ryzen systems.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.