[SOLVED] My cpu AMD Ryzen 3 3200g gives BSODCLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT error after restarting?

Mar 18, 2020
Getting this error after installing and assembly.... CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error on Windows 10 ...
For more info.... The assembly was done as per https://www.igyaan.in/194240/gaming-pc-under-rs-25000/
My friend who made this assembly thinks there is problem with hardware of Processor? I called CPU seller.He thinks my Single RAM stick can't handle. SO i get the error, Also he told me to update bios.
Can this problem be solved if i buy another ddr4 4gb ram to pair with 8gb RAM..? Or another 8gb RAM. I am worried that it will exceed maximum motherboard frequency capacity. Please excuse me for my errors if any, because i am not an expert.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020
This is my configuration

*Antec NX200 Mid Tower Gaming Cabinet
*Thermaltake lite power 450W
Crucial bx500 240gb ssd (c drive)
*Seagate New BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Desktop Drive
*ASUS Prime A320M-K AM4 uATX Motherboard
*Crucial 8GB DDR4 1.2v 2400Mhz CL17 UDIMM RAM Memory Module for Desktop
AMD Ryzen™ 3 3200G with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics

Updated to latest Bios.. Problem persists........

logainofhades

Titan
Just as an FYI, your PSU is very poor quality, so I would not expect it to last you very long. Your ram configuration is not ideal, for a Ryzen system, either. It's slow, and only single channel. Single channel ram would not cause this problem, though, unless said ram stick itself, is bad. I found this. It has some things you can try.

https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12822-clock-watchdog-timeout

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I've run into this a few times and every time it's been solved by doing 2 things. Update the motherboard drivers, audio Lan USB etc, from the motherboard support website (not nvidia or amd) and update the bios, found in the same place.

When updating the bios, it's extremely important that you follow the correct steps as written. There will/may be several upgrades necessary to bring you up to date, and these absolutely must be done in order.