[SOLVED] My CPU and GPU are both under performing and I have no idea why

Nov 15, 2019
I recently built a new computer and it has been working fine up until the past week or two. Randomly both the CPU and GPU will underperform, and everything will become slow and stutter. My thermals are fine, I've reinstalled windows.

Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU - ASUS ROG Strix 2080 Ti OC
Memory - 2 x 8Gb DDR4 3200 MHz Vengeance Pro
PSU - Corsair RM750x
Motherboard - ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570

I'm running out of ideas on what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.
This was the bench mark I took when it was under performing.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21750465

Last edited:
Solution
If thermals are fine and malware scans look ok I would suggest you start looking at ram usage...you may have a program with a memory leak...it would show up in task manager as either a large amount of ram in "paged pool" or "in use" when you're idling at the desktop. If you see a large amount of ram in use and rebooting doesn't release it then it's likely a program is causing your issue.
If thermals are fine and malware scans look ok I would suggest you start looking at ram usage...you may have a program with a memory leak...it would show up in task manager as either a large amount of ram in "paged pool" or "in use" when you're idling at the desktop. If you see a large amount of ram in use and rebooting doesn't release it then it's likely a program is causing your issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS