My CPU automatically shuts down when I try to play games

Isaac_Clarke_101

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
really need your help guys, whenever I play games for example I play Tomb Raider SE after a few minutes in the game it freezes for a couple of minutes and then it shuts down but the all the fans and power led is still turned on, already tried 3 different psu really need help guys.
specs:
mobo:ecs mcp61m-m3 v1.0
ram:Kingston KVR16LN11/4G
hdd:hitachi 320
gpu asus gt730
psu under 650 watts new

Solution
It seems then there is a issue with the motherboard BIOS. It might be a motherboard failure or just a faulty BIOS. You could just try to flash the BIOS and see if it worked. To do that you need to go to the mother board manufacture website and find the right bios for your motherboard. It seem you have a early version of that motherboard and that could mean a very early bios. That could be your only solution other then buying a new mobo.

Isaac_Clarke_101

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

i meant that the psu is brand new, and temperature for the pc ranges up to 56 degrees to 75, and by the way is it possible to have a bad ram

Isaac_Clarke_101

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

I borrowed a new ram from my friend and it still doing the same thing, also I checked event logs and the only thing that's critical is kernel power for source

EndlessZone123

Reputable
Mar 3, 2016
It seems then there is a issue with the motherboard BIOS. It might be a motherboard failure or just a faulty BIOS. You could just try to flash the BIOS and see if it worked. To do that you need to go to the mother board manufacture website and find the right bios for your motherboard. It seem you have a early version of that motherboard and that could mean a very early bios. That could be your only solution other then buying a new mobo.

Solution

urbancamper

Distinguished

Not a bios issue. Just because the fans are spinning does not mean it is not a heat issue. It sounds to me like there is an automatic shutdown when the gpu overheats.