Question My cpu clocked down under base clock

Dec 14, 2021
I know you guys think this is dumb question, but hear my story first.

Yesterday i replaced my thermal paste on my laptop, then tries booting my laptop, it won't, i think it's memory problem b'cause everytime i replacing my thermal paste thus thing happens, after i leave my memory for an hour it's boot, tries to run some benchmark by heating my cpu and gpu with some task, then bsod's with code whea_uncorrectable_error, it wont boot for an hour, after its boot i tried to play some games, it's stuttering, some times framesdrop and then goes back to normal, it annoying because its happen in interval maybe 10-20 scnd or so, i suspect is the cpu when monitoring it while playing games it cloked down to 800mhz and back to turbo mode 3.9ghz on 2-3 scnd interval, which my base clock is 2,3ghz, also some details my laptop always on high performance, which it will never clocked down under base clock and i've never experienced this thing, and when changing my thermal paste i also change the thermal pad for gpu vrm and vram to 1mm (i have change the stock thermal pads to 0.5mm), does anyone ever/know what happens to my laptop ?

Intel 8300H-2.3ghz
GTX 1050Ti Mobile-4GB
RAM 8GB-Single channel

(srry if my english bad)

I know you guys think this is dumb question, but hear my story first.

Yesterday i replaced my thermal paste on my laptop, then tries booting my laptop, it won't, i think it's memory problem b'cause everytime i replacing my thermal paste thus thing happens, after i leave my memory for an hour it's boot, tries to run some benchmark by heating my cpu and gpu with some task, then bsod's with code whea_uncorrectable_error, it wont boot for an hour, after its boot i tried to play some games, it's stuttering, some times framesdrop and then goes back to normal, it annoying because its happen in interval maybe 10-20 scnd or so, i suspect is the cpu when monitoring it while playing games it cloked down to 800mhz and back to turbo mode 3.9ghz on 2-3 scnd interval, which my base clock is 2,3ghz, also some details my laptop always on high performance, which it will never clocked down under base clock and i've never experienced this thing, and when changing my thermal paste i also change the thermal pad for gpu vrm and vram to 1mm (i have change the stock thermal pads to 0.5mm), does anyone ever/know what happens to my laptop ?

Intel 8300H-2.3ghz
GTX 1050Ti Mobile-4GB
RAM 8GB-Single channel

(srry if my english bad)
Modern CPUs can clock down to way under base clock and even shut some or most cores down when in true idle.
Problem is only when that happens under load.

Dec 14, 2021
Modern CPUs can clock down to way under base clock and even shut some or most cores down when in true idle.
Problem is only when that happens under load.

can you explain why i'm getting bsod after replacing thermal paste and also stutter when playing games after bsod occurred ?, or it's just simple overheat chipset that i should change my thermal paste (previously im using kryonaut and replacing it with hydronaut, i've read somewhere that hydronaut works better than kryonaut on laptop), i'm worried if i broke something inside

can you explain why i'm getting bsod after replacing thermal paste and also stutter when playing games after bsod occurred ?, or it's just simple overheat chipset that i should change my thermal paste (previously im using kryonaut and replacing it with hydronaut, i've read somewhere that hydronaut works better than kryonaut on laptop), i'm worried if i broke something inside
Looks like your rebuild didn't go as well as you expected. Try running a program like https://www.ocbase.com/ it will tel you what is happening and if there are any overheat spots.
Also use https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed to analyze crashes and Google results.

Dec 14, 2021
Update (SOLVED)

So yesterday i tried to figuring out what actually happens with my laptop, firstly i thought it was defective cpu, secondly its just simple overheating., and it does today replaced my thermal paste with kryonaut also changes 1mm thermal pad to 0.5mm it worked, no more stuttering and low clock
The main cause of this problem is thicker thermal pad i think, it make die contact with heatpipe are not close enough that makes bad thermal heat transfer, so yeah it just simple overheating

Last edited: