Question my cpu comes out when the lever is pulled down!

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
i replaced thermal paste today and when my pc didn't posted i checked what was wrong and when i removed my heatsink the cpu was just stuck to it? is it glue or thermal paste?? so weird. and now the cpu just comes out of it's socket even with the lever pushed down, what am i supposed to do? there seem to be no bent pins on my cpu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is rather common to have a PGA CPU stuck to the cooler. This usually can be remedied by loading the CPU to warm the paste-up before removing the cooler, although this is not always common.

Simply put your fingers on the edge of the CPU and twist until the CPU comes off of the cooler.

Open the lever, put the CPU back in, close the lever, and put the cooler back on.

What are your full system specs?

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
fx 4300 cpu
n68 mobo
r7 370 gpu
b600 psu
cooler master heatsink with lever
128g ssd
500g hdd
2 x4g 1600mhz ram

i did it again, but since i changed thermal paste the pc won't post anymore, it does turn on however with every lights and fans spinning correctly. i tried connecting vga to mobo but it didn't post either. also i don't know if i'm imagining this but i feel like there's a weird smell but lightly so i might be just scared as to why it won't work and imagining it but idk it might be a serious thing

InvalidError

Titan
The socket may have been damaged from pins ripping out of it while the socket is still locked and clamping down on them. Use a strong flashlight to inspect holes to see if some may not look like the others. If you put the socket lever in the unlocked position, fully insert the CPU, then put the lever in locked position, it shouldn't be possible for the CPU to "pop" out. That seems to indicate some CPU pins are hitting something that is pushing them back out.

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
The socket may have been damaged from pins ripping out of it while the socket is still locked and clamping down on them. Use a strong flashlight to inspect holes to see if some may not look like the others. If you put the socket lever in the unlocked position, fully insert the CPU, then put the lever in locked position, it shouldn't be possible for the CPU to "pop" out. That seems to indicate some CPU pins are hitting something that is pushing them back out.

the pins and the socket holes were all fine, it was a weird thing that happened, but now i'm all stressed out because the pc won't post