[SOLVED] My CPU Cooler Bracket Screws Stuck(literally)

averagepcenjoyer

Prominent
Oct 19, 2022
I purchased a new motherboard because the old one was bricked. I was installing parts in and after installing my cpu I went ahead and tried to remove these screws to install my cooler that came with my processor (Ryzen 5 2600x). However screws are literally stuck. I tried everything I think.
Any solutions or tips?
Link of the picture of screws

Unfortunately I don't live in US. Also I can't afford more time and money for a tool. Any solutions that I can just apply straightaway?
screw/bolt extractors are available worldwide.
Also I can't afford more time and money for a tool. Any solutions that I can just apply straightaway?
Option 2 that I mentioned. Find a drill bit that roughly matches the shaft diameter of the screw and drill it out.

Sarscarix041

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2015
This probably doesn't help, but... if you can borrow an electric drill with hammer function -- it is like magic. I have no idea whether or not that would be hard on the motherboard.
You might be able to simulate the same effect [banging down while turning slightly] with energy and patience.
(Independently... when choosing a Philips head bit, first insert {just the bit} into the screw head, to see if it fits snugly.)