Question My cpu cooler fell off

Feb 7, 2019
My pc stopped working one day and when I took my cpu cooler my cpu was out because my cooler fell off but just wasn't noticeable so I made a custom piece to put in my pc to help support the cooler and it runs fine and it holds the cooler up fine but now my pc isn't cooling well. I would just buy a new cooler but im worried the same thing would happen because I need a heavy air cooler for good cooling so I was looking at liquid coolers but im not sure if they will cool good enough because my pc heats up really easily. My cpu is a AMD FX 8350.

My pc stopped working one day and when I took my cpu cooler my cpu was out because my cooler fell off but just wasn't noticeable so I made a custom piece to put in my pc to help support the cooler and it runs fine and it holds the cooler up fine but now my pc isn't cooling well. I would just buy a new cooler but im worried the same thing would happen because I need a heavy air cooler for good cooling so I was looking at liquid coolers but im not sure if they will cool good enough because my pc heats up really easily. My cpu is a AMD FX 8350.
Most aftermarket coolers come with a backplate to go behind motherboard to which coolers are secured by 4 screws. That spreads the load for even heaviest air coolers.