Question My CPU cooler is stuck onto my motherboard.

Jun 3, 2020
So, I have a Asus P8H61-I which I have kept to use on my brother’s new rig, It currently has a i3-2100T along with a GTX 750Ti 2GB, 8 gigs of ram and a 250gb Ssd.
I have recently bought an i7-2700K to replace the slow asf i3 however the intel stock cooler is stuck into the motherboard after years of use (since my brother doesn’t know how to replace thermal paste). The cooler is the one where the fins of the heat sink surround the fan in a circle and also has 4 securing latches where you need to twist and pull up to release. When I release all “latches” I start wiggling the cooler side to side but it won’t budge, I have tried to drip some isopropyl alcohol from the side and into the cpu socket to no avail. Please anyone help, Thanks a lot - god bless

Its the thermal paste its become hard. Turn on the computer and do a very cpu heavy task and get the temp up, then quickly turn off the computer and attempt to wiggle the cooler free. Dont try and pull it off too hard because it can and will damage either the CPU or more likely the mobo.