Question My CPU cooler touches my case

dario023

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014
So I was choosing my PC components for like one week and I decided for Z390 EX4, i7 9700k, rtx 2070 strix, 16gb rams etc.
And then I was asking my friends, researching forums which CPU cooler to pick, and I decided for Dark Rock Pro 4.
It's giant cooler, it looks so good, but I am worried about combinations of cooler and case because it seems like side pannel is making preasure on Dark Rock Pro 4 (and I think it might hurt other components overtime), even if it don't hurt I am worried about how good airflow is?
Max CPU height for case is 165mm - and as I read cooler height is 162.8mm(not mounted).

Case: MS INDUSTRIAL TRILLER PRO - it's pretty cheap and it's so praised from my friends and yt reviewers so I decided for it - because of it sound isolation and it has minimalism design. (And it has 2 silent coolers on front side with panel that can be opened, and 1 cooler behind) - and it's only 75$

So should I be worried about issue I mentioned above, should I swap this case? I am budget resticted right now because I spent alot of money on PC, that's why I am opening this thread - what are your suggestions?

Last edited:
if it only touches the side panel it should be fine
if its putting a lot of pressure on it, like its almost ready to break or bend, thats bad.
also it wont hurt other components unless it actually touches them

which you should check if it touches your ram

if its close its fine but it should not TOUCH it
gpu too but what cooler gets all the way down to the gpu