[SOLVED] My cpu cooler wouldnt fit because backplate but i made it be able to touch my cpu?

Apr 5, 2021
I have my artic freezer 43 duo i was installing until when I was screwing in the screws it wouldn't work because the backplate would be loose and wasn't compatible so I use these 2 black rectangular that come with with the motherboard I used it to tighten it and it ends up touching the cpu but I'm worried that it won't work and may make my temps go up should i get a new cooler or just keep it? (I don't have my gpu yet so I can't test the temps)

I have my artic freezer 43 duo i was installing until when I was screwing in the screws it wouldn't work because the backplate would be loose and wasn't compatible so I use these 2 black rectangular that come with with the motherboard I used it to tighten it and it ends up touching the cpu but I'm worried that it won't work and may make my temps go up should i get a new cooler or just keep it? (I don't have my gpu yet so I can't test the temps)
Which motherboard ?

Msi B550 A-Pro AM4
Did you read cooler's manual ? This is one of coolers easiest to mount. https://support.arctic.de/freezer34esportsduo.
There are 4 two sided screws/studs to screw thru the MB into backplate that comes with all AM4 motherboards, On some MBs backplate is not fixed to back of MB and have to be held in place.
Make sure you pick right studs, other ones are meant for Intel.

Solution
Apr 5, 2021
Yeah I've watched many tutorial videos and spent almost 3 hours and I think the cooler may not be compatible with mine since the backplate is not supported

Apr 5, 2021
Okay, ill try to mount it again and if it doesn't work ill send some photos I've also seen some post of people having the same problem on reddit