• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question My cpu degree goes up suddenly. It makes game crash

Mar 25, 2020
Hello
My pc crashed when I open some games. When I click the game the pc locked itself and give me blue screen. If I'm lucky I can see intros of the games and I see the msi afterburner values. My cpu is goes up 97 - 105 suddenly. Then games are crashed. I tried some games. I don't know what causing it. When I open Far Cry 4 and Tom Clancy division 2 it's normal. Cpu is 65 60 but I try to open Injustice 2 and AC origins games are crashing my pc. It Gave me blue screen.

I reboot the system. All my drivers and bios are updated. I renewed thermal paste of cpu. I use liquid cooler and the liquid is on move but I don't know if it's cooling it. But it must be cause I can play some games without any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
My pc crashed when I open some games. When I click the game the pc locked itself and give me blue screen. If I'm lucky I can see intros of the games and I see the msi afterburner values. My cpu is goes up 97 - 105 suddenly. Then games are crushed. I tried some games. I don't know what causing it. When I open Far Cry 4 and Tom Clancy division 2 it's normal. Cpu is 65 60 but I try to open Injustice 2 and AC origins games are crushing my pc. It Gave me blue screen.

I reboot the system. All my drivers and bios are updated. I renewed thermal paste of cpu. I use liquid cooler and the liquid is on move but I don't know if it's cooling it. But it must be cause I can play some games without any problem.
What is your CPU and it's cooler ?

Mar 25, 2020
Intel Core i7 4790k socket 1150 4.0ghz 8MB 22nm and cooler is Corsair hydro series H110
I can see the liquid is moving but I'll check it properly and report it here but why is my cpu working properly in some of other games

Mar 25, 2020
I can see the liquid is moving but I'll check it properly and report it here but why is my cpu working properly in some of other games
I've check it again. It has been mounted properly and I can feel the liquid is moving through to pipes.

ASK THE COMMUNITY