My cpu fan is not working

Mar 8, 2018
Recently I've been experiencing issues with my cpu fan, whenever I play fortnite after about 20 minutes of gameplay my computer shuts down with no warning (just black screen on the instant). When I switch it back on it works for 20 minutes(this is just fortnite btw) and it does the same thing again.

So I ran speed fan the other day I became concerned it recorded 3 core temperatures as -1 degrees Celsius and the fourth was recorded as 973 degrees Celsius!!!?? And the gpu was 57 to 65 Celsius as time progressed.

Right this was the latest news today I was playing and it shut itself down then I was restarting it and whilst windows was loading the fan was not spinning at all and when it loaded instantly turned off again.

So in conclusion iam considering buying a new cpu fan as the one I currently own is a 1A02C3W00 and came with my pc 4 years ago, so before I do buy it i want to know whether it's my heat sink, air cooling, or processor causing the problems.
CPU: AMD (fx)Six-Core-Processor-6300 3.5Ghz

reply ASAP

Thanks

Solution
Well, if the CPU fan isn't spinning, then you have a pretty big problem you need to fix right there. It could easily be that it is just over heating. If you replace the fan and you still have temp issues you've probably damaged the sensors with the excess heat. The good news is that your GPU temps are just fine.
Well, if the CPU fan isn't spinning, then you have a pretty big problem you need to fix right there. It could easily be that it is just over heating. If you replace the fan and you still have temp issues you've probably damaged the sensors with the excess heat. The good news is that your GPU temps are just fine.

Solution