[SOLVED] My cpu fan is on when the pc is off

kaib

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
I just made a new build and when I turn off my pc the cpu just barely spins and the two rgb fans on the cooler master MB311L lights turn red
it wasn’t doing this for the first couple of times I turned off the pc

pc specs
Cpu Ryzen 5 1600af
Mother board asrock b450m pro4
Ram gskill 8gb 2400mhz This is old ram till my new ram comes in the mail
Gpu Rx5804gb
Psu Be Quiet pure power 11 600w
Case cooler master MB311L

Solution
I'd ask you to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard. Once updated, boot to GUI and then shut down. While powered down, unplug from the wall and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 minutes. See if that helps. You might want to review the connections made to the board for the fans in question. Pics f the fans and connections made would help us two fold.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ask you to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard. Once updated, boot to GUI and then shut down. While powered down, unplug from the wall and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 minutes. See if that helps. You might want to review the connections made to the board for the fans in question. Pics f the fans and connections made would help us two fold.

Reactions: kaib
Solution

Lutfij

Titan

Reactions: kaib

kaib

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
Thanks for the help
i found what was causing this problem i was using a HDMI when i was downloading drivers etc then when i was done i switched the cable to a display port
i guess that was causing it cause as soon as i unplug the display port it would stop
didn't know that could happen i guess i was using a 20pin display port
now im looking for a 19pin display port