[SOLVED] My CPU FAN RGB won't turn on and windows show me cpu fan error in startup

tonywong2015

Honorable
Sep 14, 2018
hello guys, recently I got a msi brand fan, but I don't know where they are connected, it comes with two 4-pin cables, one I connect to the cpu fan and the other to the fan, but it tells me cpu fan error when I start the computer and I don't know turn on the RGB

my motherboard is a msi z390i

DSCN3643.jpg

Solution
connected the led cable to jrgb1 but nothing happens, the led cable is similar to the power cable, 4 pins, but doesn't work in FAN connection either :/
Must be dead then.
The fan power header can be plugged into any fan header, but there are 2 types of LED headers:
-the 12v, 4 pin RGB
-the 5v, 3 pin ARGB - do NOT plug a 5v connector into a 12v motherboard header = DED.

Just to double check, this is a RGB, or ARGB fan?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
connected the led cable to jrgb1 but nothing happens, the led cable is similar to the power cable, 4 pins, but doesn't work in FAN connection either :/
Must be dead then.
The fan power header can be plugged into any fan header, but there are 2 types of LED headers:
-the 12v, 4 pin RGB
-the 5v, 3 pin ARGB - do NOT plug a 5v connector into a 12v motherboard header = DED.

Solution

tonywong2015

Honorable
Sep 14, 2018
Must be dead then.
-the 12v, 4 pin RGB

hello, is RGB 12v 4pin cable, i realise the cable belong to jrainbow 1, that have 4 pin too, time to change to nzxt kraken

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Gotta say, never seen that style fan from MSI, I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. Looks like it would be ARGB, not RGB.,

You also need software to run the mystic lighting.

Can't remember ever seeing a ARGB where the unused pin isn't blocked off to prevent it from being inserted backwards, so not sure rgb/argb makes a difference. But there's always an oddball somewhere.

Can you link specifications of the fan?