[SOLVED] My CPU has high frequency on idle and the temp is at the limit

Nov 2, 2020
Hi, I have a Ryzen 3 3100 and the frequency ocillates from 2196 (this is the lowest it can get, I think it's locked) and 3900Mhz on 0% usage CPU.
I'm using the stock cooler and in cinebench I get 78° on a single test, don't know if it's normal.
Thank you.

Solution
I'm using Ryzen Master, HWMonitor, Task Manager and CPU-Z. All showing the same frequencys.
Yeah, it's trash but comparing to other systems in youtube, mine is more trash.
Try HWInfo64...it has proven the better for monitoring Ryzen. RyzenMaster is OK but it's not as flexible and doesn't show nearly as much information.

Doublecheck your cooler mounting...all screws evenly tightened especially. 78C in cinebench seems pretty high for 4 cores/threads even for a Stealth cooler. How have you set up your BIOS? Ryzen temps will spike uncontrollably from idle as the processor boosts when set up right, it's perfectly normal so ignore the 'spikes' and look at the average temperature in HWInfo.
I'm using Ryzen Master, HWMonitor, Task Manager and CPU-Z. All showing the same frequencys.
Yeah, it's trash but comparing to other systems in youtube, mine is more trash.
Try HWInfo64...it has proven the better for monitoring Ryzen. RyzenMaster is OK but it's not as flexible and doesn't show nearly as much information.

Doublecheck your cooler mounting...all screws evenly tightened especially. 78C in cinebench seems pretty high for 4 cores/threads even for a Stealth cooler. How have you set up your BIOS? Ryzen temps will spike uncontrollably from idle as the processor boosts when set up right, it's perfectly normal so ignore the 'spikes' and look at the average temperature in HWInfo.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution
Nov 2, 2020
Thanks, I'll check everything and come back.
The BIOS is in the last version (ASUS B550M-K) and predetermined settings, except for the RAM that are oc with D.O.C.P at 3200mhz.

Nov 2, 2020

Seems like everything is fine. My case isn't helping a lot neither, I'll just go upgrade the case and the cooler.
Thanks for everything.

TRENDING THREADS