My cpu has started overheating very frequently on games it used to run seamlessly

Jcitizen

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
So I have an amd fx 8350, a gtx 770 4gb msi twin frozr with 8gb of hyperx ram(not sure about the specifics of the ram), but I've been noticing that my computer has been overheating in increasing frequency while playing games that have never given me any problem in the past, I even bought new fans and replaced the thermal paste, yet the problem still persists, please help

Solution
With my level of knowledge - I would say it is often difficult to pinpoint what is causing problems like this and you need spares of components to swap out to try and resolve them.

If you have cleaned out the pc, resat the processor, updated drivers, increased your cooling, checked your cpu cooler, a couple of full virus scans, you are not left with much to try other than trying a different processor, motherboard, power supply, reinstalling your Operating System

You can always just run the pc with the side panels off and replace something when or if it blows rather than spend time and $ trying to get to the root of the issue.

I have built a lot of gaming PCs for myself over the last 15 years or so and once in a while I have been...

Thunderballs

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
With my level of knowledge - I would say it is often difficult to pinpoint what is causing problems like this and you need spares of components to swap out to try and resolve them.

If you have cleaned out the pc, resat the processor, updated drivers, increased your cooling, checked your cpu cooler, a couple of full virus scans, you are not left with much to try other than trying a different processor, motherboard, power supply, reinstalling your Operating System

You can always just run the pc with the side panels off and replace something when or if it blows rather than spend time and $ trying to get to the root of the issue.

I have built a lot of gaming PCs for myself over the last 15 years or so and once in a while I have been stumped with what has been causing an issue and ended up being lucky guessing it was a power supply or replacing a motherboard, CPU etc.

Solution

Thunderballs

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
On current PC it is a Noctua D14 NH-D14.

I have had AIO water coolers that have , i have had faulty CPUs (as supplied brand new) and Pcs crashing the PC whilst gaming (turned out to be solved by renewing the power supply and CPU coolers that got clogged with dust or fell of .